1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

SAY YOUR WORDS AT REZIMA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rezima, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Rezima

Rezima New Member

And I was serious before, if you want to know more about why someone was suspended or banned, just ask. I promise I will be completely honest and straight with you,

2. Kirby teh Pink

Kirby teh Pink Puts the Coo in Cool

Reminds me of a certain other faction involving birds...

3. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Not really, that faction already has an in lore reputation.

4. Kirby teh Pink

Actually I think you'll find it was a headcannon reputation.

Dear Raideck here is annoyed because people are just looking at the name of the faction and instantly assuming they know exactly what it's about, despite not actually interacting/researching the faction at all, which was exactly what happened with the fleet.

5. Raideck

Raideck Member

You hit it right on the noggin. Yeah that happened to the fleeters as well. Thanks for seeing what I meant Skarti.

6. Wreth

Wreth New Member

The fleet was of Avos. The flightless have daily sacrifices and a yearly festival where they sacrifice unwilling grounded. If you choose to associate with a group that does that, don't expect people to like you.

7. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Please remain on-topic. This thread exists to ask questions to Staff (mainly Rezima or I) and get any rumors or speculations sorted out as well as address any concerns for abuse, favoritism, or misconduct. Evidence would be a great boon, as that'll help Rez and I know for certain what's going on rather than just hearsay. Regardless, any and all concerns are completely safe to voice.

Nobody ever has been and nobody ever will be, banned for voicing their concern or discontent with Staff. While the server is based in Canada, I run Antares with ideals similar to American freedoms.***

*Don't misinterpret that as entitled freedoms, however. We still have rules. It's an expression of goodwill.
    **Although don't expect to abuse Free Speech to be a douchebag and get away with it. Seriously, c'mon.
    ***Our rules aren't laws, by the way. Please don't try to be a lawyer, that's not cool. We're just trying to keep things civilized and fair.

8. Raideck

Raideck Member

Honestly I've never seen anyone get unjustly banned but rumors fly around about it. The staff is fair as far as I can see and have answered my questions/concerns so far.

9. Kirby teh Pink

Florans are of Floran. They wipe out colonies and eat people for sport. If you choose to associate with a group that does that... Don't expect any drawbacks ever because that's racist?

Also, I don't know where this "Daily sacrifices" thing is from, but I've never found anything ingame to speak of it, nor this festival. Only thing I've seen about the frequency of sacrifice is it being described as rare. (Admittedly this was from an avian priest, but still, "daily" could hardly be described as "rare")

Alright. I'll be on-topic now.

I honestly don't know if I can trust any staff member anymore.

#69 Kirby teh Pink, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2015
  10. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

Could you please explain why? It only really helps if reasons are given so that improvements actually can be made, like others have said.

11. Kirby teh Pink

I would first have to believe that improvements would be made, otherwise I feel I'd just be drawing a larger target upon myself.

12. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Well, doing nothing about perceived issues certainly never resolved them.

13. Kirby teh Pink

Remember how I said I don't feel like I can trust the staff? backhanded comments like this don't help.

14. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Sorry it came across that way. It's true, though. This thread was created with the goal of allowing the players to be able to work with us in a public and transparent way. It's our effort to right any wrongs that are out there. There's only so much we can do before it relies on the community's trust in us to do things right.

15. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

To be honest, I don't really see the issue with the comment; it's true. But, regardless of that, staff is clearly wanting the community to trust them again. This thread should be proof enough of that. All that's asked is that you give reasons as to why you feel staff is lacking or untrustworthy. Expecting improvements to be made without constructive criticism isn't reasonable; it certainly isn't fair. If you have complaints, please state them, that's all that's asked.

16. Kirby teh Pink

That's the problem. You lost my trust. I don't know what's going on behind the curtains, but every time I get a peek I don't like what I see. This entire thread comes off as somewhat of a façade.

I am not expecting improvements, I am stating my opinion, and it is my opinion that if I were to state exactly why I am distrusting of the current moderation team it would only cause unnecessary drama, speculation and ultimately make me a target.

You asked for people's concerns, so I gave mine, should I not have?

17. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

You're alright, no worries.
    I just dunno what to tell you. If you don't trust us, you don't trust us.
    There's really not much that can be done that I can think of at the moment.
    I'dunno what you've seen "behind the curtains" but, any problems as a result of anything we've done behind the scenes are valid and we'd like to address them, apologize if necessary, alleviate concerns and put them behind us if there are any to be discussed. Maybe you've seen excerpts of our Staff chat? You should probably be aware that we joke around a lot in there. We always act our role when it really matters, however.

18. Raideck

Raideck Member

I have a serious question for Kazyyk.

How do you feel about the server personally? Not as the "staff's" view but yours.

19. Rezima

Rezima New Member

I understand you don't trust us, and you are free to keep your reasons to yourself. But this thread is in a way inviting 'drama'. We want to know what our problems and flaws are so we can fix them. If you simply mentioning your reasons is going to cause drama then that sounds like a major problem we need to address.

20. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Over the span of it's life, it's had it's ups and it's downs. It's blessings and it's issues. Where are we now? It's hard for me to say.
    Truthfully, I don't see too much into the server. Gmods are the ones who primarily check the logs. I, myself, focus on the back-end these days. I do maintenance, solve technical issues, invent new features, and sometimes try to plan out the future and ensure that the other Staff members are doing what they're supposed to be doing. Rezima also does that last bit, as well. She's in many respects my equal, only she doesn't handle the technical stuff like I do.

How do I "feel" about the server, though? How I do feel about the server. Well... I feel like it has potential to be great again. I think it's pretty great as it is, but that that greatness is defined primarily by the community. The community's willingness to be great, to be friendly and respectful to one another, to hold a positive attitude. Attitude goes a long way.

I currently don't know what the community's overall attitude is, it's been difficult to gauge. In one way, this thread exists to assist with that assessment. There hasn't been enough of an indication, at leas that I've seen, for me to really say one way or another.

Regardless, I'm dedicated to Antares. I may not have the brightly lit passion of ten million suns like I did when it first started, but I'm still loyal and passionate in that exhausted sort of way. I'll never abandon Antares, I'll always be here for as long as I'm needed. Perhaps someday Antares will change hands, and someone with a new vision and renewed vigor will lead the way for a brighter tomorrow.

Until then, I do what I can with the energy that I still have.* I have a duty to Antares. An obligation. I'll continue doing my work until the day Antares ends or my time comes.

*I am researching my health issues, such as irregular sleep and vitamin deficiency. I suspect that if I can resolve these issues, I'll get a lot more energy back and be able to help Antares improve at a much more rapid rate than it currently is. I thank my Staff for being available to support Antares during these times.