1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

SAY YOUR WORDS AT REZIMA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rezima, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Optimism

Optimism Guest

Goody, goody. Thanks for taking care of that question in my noggin.

2. Rezima

Rezima New Member

Anytime, but the fact that we had no knowledge of this is another reason why we wish players would report things more often, it's okay if your suspicions turn out to be wrong or if no rules are being broken, all we need is to be AWARE of these things

3. Optimism

Optimism Guest

This is true. I will say something sooner next time.

4. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

Much appreciated. Unfortunately none of us have perfected the recipe to the Potion of Omniscience (Don't worry, we only test our chemicals on Felonious).

Anyways, we're eager to hear about anything else as well!

5. Raideck

Raideck Member

Attached Files:

6. Doc

Doc Video Game Extraordinaire

It's actually just an event we USCM boys have been doing. Nobody's died from it since we obviously don't wanna be killing players, it's just supposed to be creepy. The creature in question is basically a genetic experiment gone wrong. As I said though, minus creepy radio messages it's internal to us so it's not hurting anything.

7. Raideck

Raideck Member

Okay.

8. Raideck

Raideck Member

I have a concern. I'm sure you know about my group; The RSSU. I haven't been able to play on the server for a while but I have been on the forums constantly. I've been hearing through others that we're being called communists through ic and ooc alike. I try to ignore the blatant racism (politicalism?) But it's been getting out of hand when people who have never heard or seen us ic are apparently all knowing of our "commie" regime. I don't know how much is speculated but I felt I should bring it up to everyone.

9. Rezima

Rezima New Member

This is a fair point, unless you have interacted with the group in some way, you would have no knowledge of them or their views, please avoid metagaming information

10. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

What's your (or the staff's) take on custom furniture items like consoles, metal supply crates or racks of munitions? or custom guns/vehicles like dropships, spaceships, gunships?

11. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

Generally, if it doesn't break the server, it's okay. Usually custom furnitures cause a lot of issues, however. (I.E. those pesky crashes). I'd say just be careful with things. If it doesn't cause issues, it's fine. But if it does, we'd rather you avoid it, as repeated use of unsafe things will mean we take action against the perpetrator.

12. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

I feel like we are at an odd point where people get banned because of personal slights against other people. I have never been the subject of such scorn, but I have observed it and it perturbs me to see it on occasion. I feel like wherever a person goes, they're walking on eggshells because we have a lot of mods that have inherent biased against or for certain people in the community. If you are not liked by the mods, but do follow the rules, chances are you will eventually get banned. I don't know, I tend to stay out of this drama but this is my observation.

13. Doc

If you have any proof or examples of this kind of behavior within the Staff, be sure to gather said proof and try to compile it into a report so that it can be dealt with. We need reports to be able to effectively respond to situations like these.

14. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

This is important for us. The reason this thread exists is vague criticisms like "You guys play favorites" or "I feel threatened because you pick on people". I'm not saying these criticisms are bad, they're just incomplete. We genuinely want to improve, but without clear examples, we can't defend our choices or have an example improve from. If you genuinely feel this way, providing us with clear, concise evidence (even opinionated in a criticism like this) would at the very least provide us with a new perspective.

15. Avis

Exactly. If you have any specific situations you're worried about concerning bans, please do voice them. We aren't gonna write you down in a big evil book of future-bans because you had some level of concern regarding your own security here.
    Generally, custom assets are okay with some very extreme moderation. We don't want rooms of the stuff, because each pixel of every item has to be rendered separately. This especially refers to any kind of vessel, which tends to be massive. The unspoken rule from what I remember was something around 4-500 pixels.

16. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

(If only I were at my computer... I'd be able to use this opportunity to post a DANK MEME)
    what if I told you that there's a program that lets you create items up to 30 000 pixels heavy without placing any heavy load on the server and creating ZERO LAG?If only to spawn items that would compliment RP and only to be used in rare occasions and events with mod approval?

17. Avis

I'd definitely be interested. However if you're referring to SBGraphical, it still creates a bunch of separate assets :p

18. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

Actually, this program in question functions similarly to SBG, but it instead uses the customizable outpost signs as opposed to ash particles. Since there are less assets being loaded, it causes less lag and allows larger sprites to be added in.

19. Doc

Bigger, better, and less lag. And probably easier to use too. It gets the Doc Seal of Approval. But I'm just a forum mod like you, and we have no real say in anything. Sob

20. Rezima

Rezima New Member

If you are concerned about any unjust bans, you are free to ask about them here, I am more than willing to tell you exactly why someone was banned, as the speculation and rumors are getting out of hand. I can assure you that we do NOT play favorites, and we have a grand total of 3 mods, 5 if you count kazyyk and I. They are the only people with the ability to ban someone and we only ban people for harming the server and it's community in some way. In addition, we discuss all possible suspensions and bans at length before following through with them, they aren't something we do on a whim or because we don't like someone. Just because someone irks us doesn't mean we are going to remove them, that's just...petty.

That actually sounds very interesting, as long as it is server friendly and doesn't cause lag or crashes that sounds like a great thing to have!