1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Journal of Revan Coldwind

Discussion in 'Character Journals' started by GuardianPotato, Mar 16, 2015.

1. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

((IC this can be found in the lower desk drawer in his quarters in the Freezer. While the drawer has a lock, the book itself doesn't.))

3/16/2415
    Well, first journal in antares. Yep, that's right, I got stationed in antares. Heard some crazy shit about it before, turns out it was all true. First damn day here, we run into a physics defying floran and a talking penguin. Fucking wonderful. Second or third day and we're out at training? Get attacked by apex commandos. Orion got nailed in the shoulder, but I think that's it. Nice job Orion, second day here and you already got injured. Along with this apparently our two lance corporals are both xenos. Yep, an avian and a fucking floran. The floran suggested using a god damn potato peeler to deal with someone's hair that wasn't to regulation standards. So yeah, fun. Hope I last more than a month in this god forsaken place.

2. GuardianPotato

*The handwriting in this entry is shakily written*

3/17/2415
    In the med-bay right now. Almost had a chuck of my arm bitten out by a.. Fuck, I don't know what to describe it. A demon? Fucking looked like it. Either way, stuck in the med-bay for a few days. Not sure how the others are holding up right now. I doubt I'll get much sleep the next few nights, though. Only one person has actually come to see me. Well, technically two if you count Verita. Gunny gave me a nice "Hey. Fuck you. Get better." Though. All for today, wish me not-so-sweet dreams.

#2 GuardianPotato, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2015
  3. GuardianPotato

3/20/2415
    Amberlance died. While apex were causing problems she got split up from everyone else and florans got her. Ditz tried to get to her before us, ignoring orders to stay in the bunker because of the demon shits. She left, gunny and everyone left to get amberlance. No one got to her when she was alive. She's dead... Everyone but blue is in the med-bay from what I can tell, at least everyone I'm friends with.

I can't get their clicking out of my head.

4. GuardianPotato

3/22/2415
    They left. All the.. Things, left. One got into our bunker, apparently emitted a pheromone that fucks with your head. Long story short it "played" with us some before we evaced, and the it left out of boredom. Everything's been quiet since. Oh right, my wound got re-opened. Another four days of not being cleared for duty. Fan-fucking-tastic. Thats about it, been able to get some sleep without the pills now, as well. Nightmares are finally starting to go away a bit.

5. GuardianPotato

3/25/2415
    Not much has happened recently. Should be back up to fighting condition tommorow, thats really it. Right, the nightmares have subsided. At least, enough for me to get some sleep. Also met a... Fuck I don't know what to call it. It was this blue glowy... Thing. The LC was scared shitless of it for awhile. It did look humanoid, though.

6. GuardianPotato

3/29/2415
    Not much new so far. Haven't talked to blue much, and things have been quiet. Made a few friends at Katune- oh right. Speaking of Katune, apparently their leader wants to go to war with the USAF. Why? I have no fucking clue. Anyways, arms finally healed up. Just a tad tender now, but I'm 100%. And apparently we found an old US bot or something, I have no clue. But yeah, that's about it. Been a bit lonely, but nothing new, eh?

7. GuardianPotato

3/30/2415
    Got promoted today! Yep, PFC now. Orion, Andrew, Britton (Surprisingly), and One of the LCs got promoted. LC up to Corporal, everyone else up to PFC. Orion ended up shoving a wine bottle into my chest before everyone went to bed, and suggested we talk more.. Maybe I wont be so lonely anymore, huh? ....Nah not that lucky, not yet. But its nice to have a good friend.

8. GuardianPotato

*The handwriting in this entry is a bit messy and shaky*

4/1/2415
    Almost got killed today. Again. Wooooh. Someone or something dropped off a... Bot? I don't know, when it blew up there was blood n' shit. Either way, it got dropped off. Sarge gathered us up to go check it out. We were in the abandoned USCM building topside when it fired a fucking rocket at us. I barely managed to get to cover in time before it blew. Around ten seconds later the sarge was down from a grenade and I'm nearly staring down the things barrel. I... I don't know, I hardly remember what I was thinking. But rather than diving for cover I just kinda fired at the thing, full auto. I somehow didn't get nailed, only got grazed on the shoulder.. If you could even call it that, shoulder plate got melted to scrap, and fused to my skin.

The doc patched it up after we took the thing down though. Took me, Britton, and Dusk all shooting at it to kill it. We all got to the hospital, I got patched up, and now I'm in my room. Orion hasn't seen me yet, fuck she's gonna be either pissed or worried.. Right, speaking of Orion, we're a thing now. Guess I really wont be lonely anymore.

9. GuardianPotato

4/6/2415
    Not much for today. But just remembered I finally got payed on the first. Gonna be adding that balance to this now. Haven't seen Orion in a bit, and Smoke lost an arm. I didn't ask him why yet. Oh right, I'm finally back in duty. Again. Fucking, plasma. Have this nasty ass scar on my right shoulder now.

Previous Balance: 46 Pixels
    +850 Pixels
    Current Balance: 896 Pixels

10. GuardianPotato

4/9/2415
    Well, I went to Katune again today. And I had bought me some actual civilian clothes this time, so didn't get asked why I was wearing a Kevlar vest.. Thank god. Anyways, went to Katune and met a fairly nice Hylotl. She was mute however, and used this weird device that let her speak. Either way, her name was... K'naal, I think it was? But she was nice, pleasant to talk to. Hope to see her around later, its nice to have friends outside of the corps.
    We talked a bit about the USCM after I told her I was a Marine. She didn't seem to mind too much, but discussed about a fuck-up that happened waaaay back when cryo pods were being invented. After that she left, and then I left. Not much happened after that.

Previous Balance: 896 Pixels
    -20 Pixels: Coffee Maker
    -25 Pixels: Shoes/Pants/Shirt/Jacket
    -15 Pixels: Concealed Jacket Holster
    Current Balance: 836 Pixels

11. GuardianPotato

4/11/2415
    Good News: I didn't get shot this time! We went on an op to a ship we had nailed, long story short I simply ended up helping an apex survivor out of the crash and back to the Freezer.

A bit after that I headed to Newer Gum, met ANOTHER Hylotl there, she was fairly nice as well. Kept herself in a suit, although I didn't ask why... I also pray she doesn't publicize that recording of me dancing.. God that would be embarrassing. Last night I went back there with Orion, we had a bit of fun and then headed back to the Freezer to sleep. Just hope things stay this peaceful.

Previous Balance: 836 Pixels
    -2 Pixels: Soda
    Current Balance: 834 Pixels

12. GuardianPotato

4/19/2415
    Bah... Too much has happened recently that I've forgotten to write about. Nothing major combat wise, but there's another floran in our ranks. Did training yesterday, some of the recruits were dumb asses. LC let two nearly kill each other in CQC training, and generally a bad day.

Earlier however, more than a few days, ran into Aruana again. She and britton were talking, both seemed upset. After britton left she questioned me about being in the USAF, and killing.. Fuck, she's making me question joining the Marines.. They're job is to kill the enemy, right? But what if the enemy is only after them, and not the civs? Then what am I really protecting...? Fucking hell...

Previous Balance: 835 Pixels
    +850 Pixels: Bi-Weekly Pay
    Current Balance: 1685 Pixels

13. GuardianPotato

4/20/2415
    Fuck, I don't know what to do. There was an incident on Katune, rushed there to help, ended up helping reed (Old USCM Medic) patch up an avian that got stabbed.. That just kinda felt, right. Helping someone. But.. I don't really do that in the marines, the most I help are other marines. I'm not saying that's bad, but.. No one's ever at the freezer BESIDES marines, so there's no one to protect. And its only a limited option...

But Orion's here, along with the doc (Kidei). Kidei's nice enough, and Orion's well.... I haven't seen her around much lately so... I don't know... I just really don't know. Gonna see if I can't work up the courage to talk to someone about it, hell, maybe even Aruana.. Just to get an outside opinion.

14. GuardianPotato

4/23/2415
    Fuck, I've been writing a lot of these. Anyways, after a talk with mom and dad, decided to stay with the USAF for now. I'll do what good I can here, which is hopefully more than a little if we're allowed on Katune again. Not allowed to step foot on there without the permission of a corporal or higher, so guess I'm stuck to newer gum and other places for now.

There's also apparently a group of flightless(?) hunting grounded, so they may cause problems if they come to the Freezer.. Should probably warn the Sgt about them, see what he thinks. Right and, apparently mom sent a package to me. Said she hoped it would ease my heart and mind a bit... Wonder what it could be.

Previous Balance: 1685 Pixels
    -32 Pixels: Meal at Katune
    Current Balance: 1653 Pixels

15. GuardianPotato

4/27/2415
    Got injured again, really no surprise there. But what is a surprise is that I'm now a Lance Corporal, and I'm leading the rescue and relief fire team. Need to put all the boots and private I picked for it through the training I got planned, probably going to start with small stuff until I'm combat capable... Right, and attended a funeral. An avian and a glitch died trying to evac a Grounded village during a flightless raid on it, I hope we'll be able to actually respond next time. Going to talk to Glauen about it if I can. Other than that, nothing new.

Things to do:
    Train everyone in CLS, and to gear up faster. Begin classroom training.

16. GuardianPotato

4/1/2415
    Alright, training is going good. But that's not important, as I'll be leading my fire team to assist Glauen and others with ambushing the Flightless. Need to keep everyone in line and organized. And get them to actually follow my orders and lead. As much as I like Cygnus, I'm worried she may try to go on and do something without my order or permission. Evergreen seems good, along with Veon.

Also, need to get a set of modified BDU for my team.

17. GuardianPotato

5/3/2415
    I'm not even going to go into detail. But today was fucked up. God dammit Orion's not around at all, not sure if I can do this shit alone... Fuck...

18. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

((who ya gonna call........ me))

19. GuardianPotato

((Go away your not a girl. *Pushes out of thread*))

20. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

((WELP))