1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Circle of Life

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MasterGruntR75, Mar 14, 2015.

1. MasterGruntR75

MasterGruntR75 New Member

[​IMG]

>Express dissatisfaction
    >Get thread locked
    >Repeat

2. WrongEndoftheRainbow

WrongEndoftheRainbow Leprechaun Not Found

Try to avoid baseless accusations, slander, conjectures, etc.
    Especially try to avoid any of the following on a topic only marginally or not related to your post.

Follow those guidelines, and keep the discussion civil, and we won't have any problems. I'm more then willing to debate with anyone about the validity of my actions or another mod's actions, but not following the above guidelines is not debate. Thanks.

3. Solour

Solour a dad

Having /One/ thread about it is better than:
    Locking it
    Another springs up
    Repeat

4. WrongEndoftheRainbow

A main thread for issues such as this aren't against any rules, and should be left up as long as the discussion remains civil. There is nothing to be gained from letting the fallout of a thread that got out of hand run it's course. If you believe the thread was wrongly locked, there is a one-click button for contacting the staff to report the issue. If you also believe someone isn't discussing a topic civilly, there is also a one-click report button on each post which you can use to request a staff member's assistance.

5. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

Alright, I'm done. Fucking hell. Since the other thread was locked, I'll say it here. I apologize in advance for my profanity and harsh language. If people will not fucking use the appeals, reports, and contact sections, you'll get fucking nothing done. I will not mention names, but there are a lot of people who refuse to use conveniences and such put in place by Kaz and the staff. They try their fucking hardest to help and run this community. Damn. And on another note: Staff team, if this post is too profanity ridden or any other discrepancies, please message me and I will gladly either delete or edit the post to fit specifications.

6. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Nothing in that thread wasn't civil to be honest. People were criticising things and the staff, but it was perfectly civil. It was also a thread CREATED to discuss and potentially criticise the server. There was no justification for locking it and it really felt like blatant censorship

7. Solour

Solour a dad

8. WrongEndoftheRainbow

The later posts in that thread were anything but. Please avoid baseless accusations, slander, conjectures, insults, slurs, attack posts, or any combination thereof. A civil discussion is not any of the described. I am all for free speech and anti-hugbox, but that does not mean I encourage anything unconstructive, deconstructive, or a combination of the two.

"I think the staff is abusive because of this reason, with the evidence of how I concluded this reason attached" Is civil.

"The staff is bad because they're pedophiles who hate me and everyone and want to murder puppies!" Is not civil.

As long as a discussion stays civil, I am fine with letting it stay up for years to come. But once it gets out of hand, there is nothing to be gained from letting it continue it's course. I repeat, if you believe any action was done in the wrong, we take staff abuse very seriously and contacting the staff about it will get the problem rectified. And no, banning the player who made the complaint is not considered rectifying the problem. This entire mess could've been solved without a locked topic, several more started, etc. If you just contacted the staff rather then try to set up a public lynching.

9. Solour

Solour a dad

how many times should i quote myself.
    Deleting it only sparks anger. And that leads to actual uncivilty.

10. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Hey boys and girls. Lets discuss our feelings.

11. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

I feel sad every time I lose at roll up the rim and I don't like it :(

12. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

I have no idea what that is, but if you need someone to talk to about it, I'm here for you.

13. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

I-It's a thing that Tim Hortons (Canadian Coffee Place) does every winter season where after you drink y-your coffee you can roll up the rim to see if you win a prize a-and it can be like big fat gift cards and free coffees and shit a-and I never win. Twitch hold me.

14. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

That would explain why I have never heard of it, being an American pig dog yankee guy. My advice is the next time you get a coffee there, don't roll up that rim. Just leave it down. That way you always have the potential to be the big winner you always wanted. Here, have this picture of a cute thing instead of a hug, as we are very far away from one another.
    [​IMG]

15. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

BUT TWITCH WHAT IF I THROW IT OUT AND THEN SOME HOBO SIFTS THROUGH THE TRASH AND WINS 5 GRAND!?!?!

16. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Then you will have made that hobo very happy, or very dead due to alcohol poisoning.

17. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

My greed can't handle losing an easy 5 grand, and my conscience can't handle having the poor lil life of a booze-drowned hobo on my shoulders.

This is a lose-lose, you're not helping :(

18. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

This sounds like something that is best solved by eating chocolate.

19. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Perhaps instead of locking the thread you could have asked for evidence of the things the people criticising the server were saying.

I don't actually agree with them and think the server is a good one. But I still believe people with other opinions than mine have a right to say so.

20. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

It's alright. Aside from the inefficiency of having two threads now roughly for the same reason, it doesn't really matter much in the big scheme of things. People can post here, just as easily as there. The forum stability is not tanking from forum thread overload. I'd hope that if people have evidence of some form of abuse or harassment, they'd go ahead and report it. If you have an issue with a particular member of staff, you can always ask that they not be involved in whatever proceedings come up as a result of a report.

The other thread was locked because someone found it uncivil. I can agree with them, due to the tone and the back and forth bickering that wasn't actually constructive criticism as much as it was blanket statements and passive aggressive antagonism. The world keeps turning though, and here we are. It's okay though. I'm here now, lets talk.