1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Rift -Drug

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Chimpowitz, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Erchius is some weird stuff. It allows FTL travel, and is also associated with the Erchius Horror. The game also mentions how Erchius is not fully understood.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

So like, this thread seems pretty alive, but where is the Rift in game? Anybody slingin'?

#22 Ziggy, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2015
  3. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Erchius should just give Novakid the case of heavy gas... if you know what I mean. :p

4. Chimpowitz

Chimpowitz New Member

Well... i was saying it was made from the crystal form of Erchius wich caused that infection, at the start of the game on that mineing outpost

5. Chimpowitz

Chimpowitz New Member

Next weekend, im starting an event, to introduce it. Looking for the most popular colony to do it on. Feel free to sling it, and do note i made a pic of what it would look like.

Ps. Norm Standard of purity, is 73%

6. Yotan

Yotan New Member

True but the infection was just in humans.

7. Chimpowitz

Chimpowitz New Member

Yep, so we know that its made out of that, could rift on a very low quality do that still to humans?

8. Conrad Fiat

Conrad Fiat New Member

It was not officially humans really, since i was progressing the story about the Erchuis plague.
    But i will tell some things, its effective against APEX and HUMANS really since in my Erchuis plague story it
    progresses slowly towards the APEX race so yeah, mission wise you only see humans since it was a human mining company clearly, and the mining helmets and gear etc do fit the APEX aswell.
    its still there but it hides! ((Oooh spookeh.))

9. Sam Fisher

Sam Fisher Moderator
    Staff Member

If Erchius was infectious as the mining mission would make them out to be I personally find it highly unlikely they would be legally sold at the outpost.

:Edit Erchius crystals are used to upgrade/repair FTL drives. I would assume they have a very very high heat tolerance and shatter resistance to boot. I can only imagine that FTL drives get unimaginably hot when running. What kind of heating methods are used to heat this crystal till it shatters?

#29 Sam Fisher, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2015
  10. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Erchius crystals are used to build FTL in the first place. Pretty sure Erchius itself is what allows FTL to work. But even within the Starbound universe nobody exactly know how Erchius allows FTL, just that it does.

11. Doc

Doc Video Game Extraordinaire

So where are my Rift-dealing homedogs at?

Holy fuck I'm white.