1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The Agarans, theories, thoughts, & information

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Dimmie, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Dimmie

Dimmie New Member

There has always been something that's both terrified and fascinated me throughout my entire life. The Agarans. What are they, exactly? Well at first glance they appear to be little more then a fungi based humanoid, much like the Floran appear to be a plant based one. I have little knowledge of the Agaran's and I admit, I want to learn more about them.

But, what caught my curiosity is their lack of FTL or any form of space-fairing technology. I found that as... Rather odd. They appear to be popping out of nowhere, just appearing. Almost.. Spontaneously. I at first thought it was just some kind of absurdly strong spore-like reproduction. But, I don't believe spores could survive long enough to travel from planet to planet to reproduce.

It wasn't until I found an old, and odd video on the Starnet. One about the nature of the humans old planet, one of their old beloved fictional characters and a video game franchise. I know it's strange, but just check out the video.

What if this is how the Agarans reproduce, what if this is how the Agarans are traveling from planet to planet? What if coming into contact with them is just giving them a way to travel, or perhaps even the current Agarans are just lifeless husks of differing races with the fungus growing from their skulls.

Any theories, any ideas, or any information would be nice.

[email protected]

2. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

According to information from the previous human 365 day year, there was an agaran spore disease outbreak, in which all of the colonies that existed at the time were effected. They seem to spread the spores like pollen, and it gets into a host's system, and it slowly kills them and makes an agaran somehow.

-USN0933 ((Ethan Britton))

3. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

Agarans are a very interesting, though deadly, species. They raise a very strange question: Can a creature which needs to kill to reproduce be blamed for the killing it carries out? Is it not the goal of all species to propagate?

Of course, as with all parasites, the answer to this philosophical debate should be much clearer if you actually find yourself in contact with an Agaran or its spores without protection. Kill it if need be, and make sure you are not contaminated.

- Volkov

4. The Grand Mugwump

-Flornbest8932-

Floran smash shroomy kingdom!

5. Wreth

Wreth New Member

I'm not sure how they work but they are creepy as hell.

Jack-Ripley

(Agarans reproduce by converting dead bodies into new agarans.)

6. Fen

Fen Pretty ßird

Agarans are creepy and odd - sure. But they're a relatively obtuse people, although some Agaran communities can be hostile as well, much like the Floran. Don't misunderstand me here, I'm not saying the Floran are unintelligent, the other way around - they can be very clever and most of all; deadly.

I'm saying that the Agarans are fairly easy to fool, at least according to my encounters - They seem to be sensitive to water and frost.
    A tips when it come to various fungus or parasite infections; They can be treated by different seeds. For example, eating grape seeds is very effective as a decontamination, you can also expose fungus to cold climates to reduce or slow down the infection.

These are of course just my theories but hopefully I've shined some light at this question.
    Remember, there are many friendly Agaran communities out there as well.

-Fenics

#6 Fen, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2015
  7. Chance Handri

Chance Handri The DarkDork

I must disagree. Agarans are a moderately intelligent race, or at least from what I've seen. They obviously have some form of verbal language, and maybe even written. I've seen moderately complex structures inhabited by Agarans, and the only conclusion I can come to is that they built them. One of the more common things I've seen is them huddling around watery pits, drowning people. They may be less civilized then us, but they are something to keep a watch on.

This is not to say that all Agarans and their culture is savage and hostile, many, or possibly most of them that I have seen are completely harmless, and I can even sometimes enjoy the company of these odd beings, but their hostility, combined with their method of reproduction, is something to keep in mind. Even with our knowledge of resolutions, we should still stay paranoid.

Or possibly they just scare the living daylight out of me personally. Thank you for your time and consideration.

-Marx

8. Aero

Aero New Member

No matter how they act or look, STAY AWAY FROM AGARANS. ALL Agarans. Their death-spores, as soon as inhaled or have gotten into your body by any other means, will cause catastrophic effects by forcibly growing in your body, through organs and all, and turn you into an Agaran yourself, even if the Agarans would or would not want this. It does spread to those around you once you're infected, so if you're infected, contact a quarantine group for treatment. I speak first-hand in saying that death-spore outbreaks can wipe out an entire colony easily, if not contained. I helped with the outbreak that happened about a year ago, and only a handful of people who were constantly monitored and under care made it out with their lives.

And as for this:
    This is excellent advice. As it will SLOW the spread of infection in your body, it will not cure you of it. Still seek help, over some form of communication, not in person.

If you find yourself wanting to study Agarans up close for any reason,
    DON'T. In this case, curiosity WILL kill the cat. However you may theorize and speculate all you want.
    -Rational

#8 Aero, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2015
  9. Fiery Wither Rose

Fiery Wither Rose TheOneMute

10. Chimpowitz

Chimpowitz New Member

Uh... What if you eat one...
    More like what if I ate one...

- Flack-Slinger -

11. Fen

Fen Pretty ßird

Then I would seek medical help. Or actually, I'd stay away from any physical encounters.. But wait.. You ate an Agaran?

12. Chimpowitz

Chimpowitz New Member

Yah... Um OK... And I thought it was a normal mushroom, till I saw it had a face...

- Flack-Slinger -

13. Fen

Fen Pretty ßird

Classic mistake.. Well, seek medical help. You should probably be put in quarantine...

14. Chimpowitz

Chimpowitz New Member

Oh... Um... OK... I've been hugging Radom strangers all over new Vegas... So... I'll just let them sort it out... ((Lol the dead rising 2))

15. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Tanji ~ What a historical record. Such a primitive recording. Is there any actual historical scientific fact on this.. video? Either from the MiniKog, or Hylotl databases? Hell compared to this I would trust the word of a Floran researcher over what I just heard. Yes for you inept individuals that was a joke.

16. Chimpowitz

Chimpowitz New Member

So I'm fine...

- Flack-Slinger -

17. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

Buuut, there was an outbreak of agaran spores that infact did prove to be lethal. You cannot deny what is right infront of you.

-USN0933

18. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

People deny what's right in front of them all the time. But yeah, their were a whole lot of good people that died from Agaran spores back on Alioth Prime. Thankfully we have some brilliant and dedicated people working on it at the time, otherwise it may have gotten much much worse.

-Nichebird

19. Chimpowitz

Chimpowitz New Member

So... I'm not fine...
    By the way I'm a nova so... Dunno if that affects it...

- Flack-Slinger -

20. Chance Handri

Chance Handri The DarkDork

Isn't Vegas closed?

-Marx