1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Voting Raffles

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Kazyyk, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Link to previous announcement:
    Announcement - Our Domain | Starbound Roleplay

Hello Antares!

The Starbound leaderboard has been reset for the month of October and as such we have a whole month of opportunity laid out before us!

Therefore, we want to try something new for you all. In the past, we have given out badges for voting consistently; however, we frankly just don't feel those are a good enough reward for the amount of support you guys give us each month.

So! Everybody likes prizes, right? From here on out, we'll be hosting two raffles each month!

Here's a quick run-down on how they'll work:

"Daily Voting" Raffle
    Each time you vote is an entry to win. Your name in the hat another time, in other words.
    So if you vote 25 times, you have 25 entries. This naturally increases your chance of winning compared to others who have voted less than you.

"Monthly Voting" Raffle
    If you manage to vote every single day in a given month, you'll be entered into a new raffle to win a bigger prize than the "daily voting" raffle. You can't win the prize for the "daily voting" raffle if you're entered into the "monthly voting" raffle, just to keep things fair for the "daily voting" raffle folk.

Prizes
    If you win the "daily voting" raffle, you get: a $20 Steam Gift Card or Content of Equivalent value or less*
    If you win the "monthly voting" raffle, you get: a $50 Steam Gift Card or Content of Equivalent value or less*

Selecting a Winner

Every 1st of the following month, the prize winners will be decided using a random number generator. Each player will have their name sorted alphabetically and listed the number of times they voted (for the "daily voting" raffle only) and assigned a number starting from 1. The player who's number is generated will be the winner.

*Content may include Games, DLC, Game Multipacks, and/or Marketplace Items. Content may only be sourced from Steam. If Content value is less than what the Gift Card amount would have been, any remainder amount will not be credited. It is the responsibility of the prize winner to choose Content that does not exceed the value of the Gift Card prize. Gift Cards may not be available to prize winners outside of the United States.

2. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Just for those that might not realize, the orange link at the top of the forums will automagically use your forum name to make keeping track easy. Can't win anything if we don't know who you are, after all.

3. The Grand Mugwump

Are you using magic to counterfeit the monies to pay for all this?

4. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

Genuine question, can we chose to put the prize's worth into the server as a donation if we win it?

5. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

I got a better job and thus have disposable income I can use to reward people and support Antares at the same time.
    You can decline the prize, though I'll just generate a new number for another winner. You don't have to worry about prize money being detrimental the server. See above.

6. The Grand Mugwump

Nice! Glad to hear things are improving for you!

7. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

Fair enough.

8. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Did you know? If you highlight someone's text, you can actually quote that particular snippet or reply to it.

There's a lot of cool subtle features like that in the forum.

9. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

Magic

10. Redwilt

Redwilt Washed up has been

Honestly, I prolly wont commit to this but I still think its an awesome thing to do for the folks, especially the donators.

11. yoyohaloreach

yoyohaloreach New Member

Kaz it's been some time since the beginning of the server. And I for one am so glad to see how much it has grown.

12. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Just so as everyone is aware, since I didn't specify in the original post, Staff members cannot win the raffles even though we vote.

13. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

Don't see what the problem is if they could but okay!

14. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

It's about rewarding the players. Staff have their own forms of appreciation - from players who take the time to thank them for what they do to the sense of accomplishment from helping maintain a community such as ours. So, yeah, the prizes are intended for the players.

15. The Grand Mugwump

Moderators are already motivated to help the server. They don't need more motivation!

16. meanwhile

meanwhile drunk cyberpunk catgirl

no such thing as too much motivation

17. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

So if I quit I can win free games right?

18. TaintedMythos

TaintedMythos New Member

I used to have months where I would vote every day, but I've become less active on here for whatever reason...
    I'll definitely start voting more, not just for the prize, but also to help with the server's popularity.

But also the chance for a prize. Prizes are good too.

19. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

DISCLAIMER: I do not intend on quitting. Have fun with your games, you lucky future winners.

20. Tallen

Tallen New Member

Voting raffles prizes: 70$
    Seeing an actual starbound RP server at the top of the RP list?

[​IMG]

Priceless.