1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Interact through walls

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Angre, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

Alright, so, it seems last update Chucklefish removed the ability to interact through walls. Now, normally this wouldn't be -too- much of an issue, except now building is a hundred times more difficult, and building any sort of secure structure went right out the window. So, I want to know, does anyone have a solution to this? A .config file tweak, something like CES' extended reach function, anything that can fix this?

2. Aegis Ebonwing

Aegis Ebonwing New Member

I will look into it.

3. Tacoburger

Tacoburger professional taco burger

yeah, and now skyrail sits no longer functions like it should or use to, which was really damn convenient and welp
    chortleshark never fails to amuse us

4. Aegis Ebonwing

I think I see code in the Util.lua that points to line of sight requirements for targeted entities.. theoretically you should be able to change it, but I am not comfortable at all with modifying actual lua script.. and it is unknown if changes to the core mechanics like that would cause issues with servers or other clients around you.

5. Aegis Ebonwing

Are you sure? It functions just fine for me..! Have been using it all day in roleplay, as have other folks.

6. Tacoburger

can you, say, hit e on a seat through five walls in the other side of a colony

7. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

That has nothing to do with skyrail sits.

8. Tacoburger

I'm pretty sure it did, unless you can direct me somewhere else that did that thing I just mentioned
    edit: which is where you are able to hit E on a seat, through a wall, and sit on it at long range

9. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

InteractRadius, a parameter in the player file that was bumped up to ~100 thanks to ILC.

10. Tacoburger

I guess the update did make it so you can't interact with stuff through walls, yeah
    i am still able to do stuff long range (assuming with CES) except interact with interactable things , so pardon me

11. Aegis Ebonwing

Changing the interactRadius will increase your interaction radius of course.. but if anything blocks your line of sight you will not be able to interact with it.. and that is a lua script that is core to the game, not a trait that can be toggled on/off.

12. Tacoburger

rip