1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Felith; and his robot body.

Discussion in 'Character Discussion' started by GuardianPotato, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Fenrous

Fenrous New Member

Since Feltih is now essentially a cyborg with synthetic skin shouldn't he have a huge struggle with not being able to feel anymore? Unless you have some sort of synthetic nerves I think it's going to be real hard to re adapt to basic tasks and such since no nerves. Does Felith even have to eat or drink anymore? or is food/fluids sort of just the battery recharge? If not it's going to also be real hard to adapt to that too. Just my few thoughts.

2. DavidHeinrich

DavidHeinrich Space Corps Judge

Servos, in fact, are not necessarily better than muscles. Not at all, actually, unless they're industrial grade. They may have less problems with fatigue due to lactic acid, but they'd actually probably be much weaker. A robotic body replacement would, overall, likely just be much weaker than a normal human body, a lot less agile; it wouldn't make him more powerful, it would in fact make him much, much less powerful. The main problem I'm seeing here is that this technology is very advanced, even for Starbound; you just kind of seem to be playing in an entirely different setting, with this.

3. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

Yeah, synthetic nerves. And he has to plug himself in every night to recharge. Food/Drink is just kinda if he wants to or not now.
    And gotta bring this up. If servos are not better than muscles, then why aren't glitch weaker than humans?

4. DavidHeinrich

Glitch are the same strength as humans. There's nothing in the lore to suggest that they're stronger. Servos aren't better than muscles, plain and simple, and having a cybernetic body should nearly cripple Felith, not make him a cyborg.

5. GuardianPotato

Like I said before. He's basically a glitch. Just with a synthetic outer layer. That's really the only difference.

For an example of how I see it is. It's like, take a glitch body. Remove their "brain" from the head, and change around the internals a bit to fit a life support system. Then put Feliths brain in the head, hook it up to the body, and activate the life support. That is -the very simplified version- of what happened. It's most likely not spot on, at all. But that's how I view it.

TL;DR Glitch body with avian looking exterior and a brain.

6. DavidHeinrich

Again, from what I've seen and heard of the character, he has done much, much more than any Glitch would be able to do; which, honestly, isn't much more than a normal human. From what I've heard around, and even seen you admit, he seems to be more of a cyborg T-800. If you're saying that he's just a normal Glitch, relative to physical ability, you need to stop playing him in the way you have been.

7. GuardianPotato

Thaaaats why this thread was created. So I can find out what I'm doing wrong.

8. DavidHeinrich

What you've been doing wrong is playing him as though he's some sort of unstoppable robotic monstrosity. If what you're telling me of his abilities is accurate, he should be no stronger or more physically able than a human being, perhaps even much less so, considering the amount of interface lag a human brain would experience being routed through non-biological neuroprocessors would cause his reflexes to drop dramatically, and the weight of his body would make him much slower.

9. GuardianPotato

I would love to have more than a few examples of this shown to me.

10. DavidHeinrich

I'm not attempting to argue with you, here, so please don't take this as something chastising. I'd just like to ask you to look at the events that happened, and wonder if a human could do these things.

11. GuardianPotato

As for the first two quotes, I'm not sure if he knew Felith was fully robotic or not. And I've already covered the issues with those quotes. As for the last one. -Every single other glitch does it-. I'm doing my best to make it a bit more reasonable by having only one person capable of actually repairing him. But it needs to be kept in mind. Metal does not grow, it gets repaired. Repairing doesnt take days. Hours, depending on the injury. But definently not days.

Now I'm aware that -if- his more important bits get damaged, it'll take longer to get those parts. Which has happened before. He got his battery damaged, he was old maninized for around a little less than a week. He couldn't even get up stairs properly.

He is in no way an unstoppable robot. He can still be taken down with bullets in the right places. (Granted such places are nearly always covered in some type of armor/protection.)

Ninja Edit: Honestly if I had the chance to, I would so make Felith fully organic again.

12. JimHarrison

JimHarrison Grouchy Player

Yo, booboo.
    Is Felith like, totally nutso?

What kind of mental process would somebody have to go through to decide to completely remove themselves from their body. Like, alienate their entire being into a robot suit. Y'know how in Robo Cop, the reason they can't find anybody to fit the program is because all the cops they try recruiting kill themselves?

Same thing.

13. Greymanz

Greymanz Member

I agree with Jim, Felith should have waaaay more problems than whats been mentioned. With this change into a medical body, there are these pros and cons:

Pros:
    • Almost NONE. Its considered a bit RP intensive to have "gadgets" on a synthetic body, when a brain is never meant to control such in the first place, simple hands would be more explainable.
    Cons:
    • SEVERE Mental issues. Felith is a tough army man, yet army men aren't immune to mental issues. Especially the fact that Felith is a monster of a machine... and could die if he doesn't find an electrical outlet. That has some side effects, definatley.
    • Bodily rejection. First off, how could Felith's brain accept a totally synthesized body? Most likely, he would have his brain fail to accept the body, and thus die. Bye bye Felith. Otherwise, if you REALLY want this to happen and work, it would be better to say he'd have episodes of paralysis in various areas of his body or even his entire body.
    • Not the same as a glitch, rather, LESS. So you are saying, that a random third party mechanic can make a robotic body comparable to a glitch, which was made by a highly intelligent space entity, which made various other life before them. That doesn't seem computable. Felith's new body should be clunky, and fairly worse than any other organism, besides stamina which was pointed out already.

14. Fenrous

Fenrous New Member

I definitely agree here. There are going to be so many problems Felith is going to have to combat in order to survive in this new body so now his life really should just be a mess with all these changes.

15. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

Alright lemme just rub my ears because fire alarms are annoying...

Felith's body is about as strong as an average Glitch, meaning uh, no super strength, nothing like that. No idea where people are getting this from. Slightest damage to Felith means fun repair times which can take time, and even when the wound is fixed/mended/whatever you wanna fucking call it, there's still a few days where he's going to feel the wound because his brain is adjusting to it the new wires, servos, nerves, and whatever else has been added to his body. Felith still has his fun mental problems, yay. Phantom pains are a thing, he can get those. People with cybernetic limbs easily get those. Felith requires oxygen in order to keep his brain functioning. Due to lack of oxygen yes his brain can go "lolnope" and give up on him.

As far as body rejection goes, eh, let's see... Astora was fine, Crosswell was fine. But it took time for them to actually to become accepted to their bodies. There was probably a span of a week if I recall which was just getting Felith's brain used to everything and making it test out of the body.

"Not the same as a glitch, rather, LESS. So you are saying, that a random third party mechanic can make a robotic body comparable to a glitch, which was made by a highly intelligent space entity, which made various other life before them. That doesn't seem computable. Felith's new body should be clunky, and fairly worse than any other organism, besides stamina which was pointed out already." Loura herself didn't make the body, they had a spare body on hand. It took a week to make that body actually work for Felith so he could use it. The /only/ thing that isn't a normal function for an organic would be the pulse boots, but even then it's wired to his wrist device by sending a signal for the boots to activate, just sending a simple pulse.

Felith has to recharge daily, spending about 80% of his battery life normally, if he decides to use the pulse boots that's about 10%. Wounding Felith opens up areas for electricity to escape, depending on the size of the wound its like he's bleeding that way. If he's without energy for 10 minutes, boom he ded.

Is he OP? Naw. He's more vulnerable. You riddle the guy's chasis up with bullets 1. It's going to fucking hurt and probably knock him out. 2. His battery is going to be fucked and he'll lose electricity pretty fast. We already had an incident of replacing his battery and it took a week to replace it, he was the equivalent of an old crippled man during that time and couldn't even go down a staircase without falling. (It was fun to watch)

If I feel I forgot to cover something or someone wants to point it out tell me, if not zippy-zap bill cosbey.

16. JimHarrison

JimHarrison Grouchy Player

Just because people sucked at it in the past doesn't mean people can suck at it now.

17. GuardianPotato

Also if I remember correctly, there -may- be such a thing as immuno-suppressants. That stop the body rejection. I believe its used with people for organ transplants.

18. Fenrous

Fenrous New Member

Not trying to attack or prove you wrong just 'cus but since the immuno-suppressants stop body rejection what good would that do for Felith? Since he hasn't had an organ transplanted into him but instead has had his brain transplanted into a new body. I would understand if it is for the sake of simplicity and such but just another question regarding this topic.

19. Sen

Sen Guest

Objectively the physically lamest character on the server.

20. GuardianPotato

I was just saying what I knew about it, not 100% sure on how it works. So *Shrug* If anyone wants to do research on it to prove me wrong, go right ahead.
    And yes, people that are physically able to get stronger can beat him in feats of pure strength.