1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Things Have Been Rather Slow Lately

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GuardianPotato, Sep 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

Yeeah. Things have been slow. Kinda worrisome to me. Especially when I see this.

[​IMG]
    Around 12, we normally have... A lot more people than that. AND. THERE ARE OVER TWICE THE AMOUNT OF ROBOTS, THAN MEMBERS ON.

2. Storm

Storm New Member

Think it's more that college and school have started back up for a lot of people.

3. GuardianPotato

Hopefully its just that.

4. Animator

Animator New Member

Pretty much this.

5. Super Sugar

Super Sugar New Member

It may be a good idea to use this time for building structures, revising faction rules or communications, creating new clothing and armor, etc. - Prepare for the return of the Swarm

6. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

Yeah, things have been slow lately. I hope it changes soon, I'm quite often alone in the server. If it's because college.. well. I'd only get some RP weekends if that was the case, As I'm european...

Duh. I am going to be reaaaally bored.

7. Kaiser Franz

Kaiser Franz New Member

Or the server is dying. Either or. If it does die it should go out with a bang like uh . . . We should kill all the Floran cause Floran are nerds, yeah.​

8. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Pretty sure the server isnt gonna die. At least not because of this. Once people get back into the swing of things I think it'll get better.

Or not.

9. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Pretty sure it's just because of school/college/work.
    Only reason I'm around (lurking on the forums) is because I failed to register in time. Derp.

10. GuardianPotato

*Slow clap*

11. Sen

Sen Guest

nobody plays in my timezone

12. Narfball

Narfball narfball

maybe you should move to glorious america
    muh freedoms
    muh guns
    muh culture

13. Fenrous

Fenrous New Member

but but... 'straya?

14. Dekerrex

Dekerrex New Member

when i first joined-
    80/102(it was in the hundreds at least)
    now-
    15/60

I have seen this before, something goes wrong in game, people leave, loyalists stay for as long as they can but eventually move on as the place dies. that is in most cases. HOWEVER what could improve the amount of players is-
    Adds (within reason, otherwise its just annoying)
    Server-wide events set up by staff [alien invasion, big war, (it seams war is brewing in the floran debate thread)].
    Lower the age requirement just a tad (I'm certain there's younger people here already but it might attract more people than deter them.)
    People actually rp on the server and not just the forums. You Know Who You Are.
    This ^^^

These are merely suggestions. interpret them as you will.

15. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Except the server cap has never been higher than 70. (I adjust it as activity fluctuates)
    Advertisements are very expensive, and I'm already running a low budget campaign on Project Wonderful. Unless donations pick up or more people subscribe, that low-budget campaign is all we've got. (Or did I misunderstand what you meant?)
    This is being internally discussed. (Has been for awhile, main thing is finding an event that doesn't force unwanted RP on anyone)
    Not gonna happen. The server allows mature themes and expects people to be able to roleplay competently.
    It's partly about maturity, but it's also about what's appropriate for minors.

Not tryin' to come across as cold, just saying my piece. :)

#15 Kazyyk, Oct 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2014
  16. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

I honestly don't think this is the server dying. This is gonna sound really dumb, but it just doesn't feel like it. People are still popping in from time to time, but not exactly sticking around at the moment. Lots of us are super busy, and even some people who have been gone for awhile have actually been stopping in. For example, TD, who no one has apparently heard of in ages, has shown up on this thread (Even if it's just like Sen's post). These few months are just a stressful time for everyone, with college applications, FAFSA, ACT, and getting situated in school.

17. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Some folks still lurk around and may not be active participants because of real life but still like to poke their heads in from time to time. My primary point mentioning that is that folks shouldn't make too big of a deal or get their hopes up if a "long lost" player "returns", since they may simply just be checking up on things.
    Since whitelists don't expire, folks who "leave" always have the opportunity to "return" at any time.

18. Dekerrex

Dekerrex New Member

By adds I didn't mean things like those adds that popup on websites or television, i meant more along the lines of things like Youtube trailers and such.
    In the past i would advertise my (now gone) Minecraft server very slyly. generally posting maps or modpacks around technicpack website or planetminecraft, or even writing blogs about the lore. each of which would've linked to its website. It worked for a good while until the minecraft community began to die as a whole. We could do things like that. Subliminal advertising if you will, its not really an honest way of doing things but it gets stuff done, no money required. however taking my ideas into account aren't mandatory if you dislike them.
    I myself have a youtube channel. Despite its recent lack of use i could post news from Antares on there. (yes i know there is already a channel(s) for that but having a second shouldn't do any harm, seeing the main one doesn't look too active.)

And we could get a general consensus on what people want in rp to further figure out that server event idea. I for one like things that create dystopian environments and really stresses one's char for survival.

19. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

I wouldn't say that type of advertising is dishonest, not sure why you'd think that.

20. Kai

Kai hey im kai and this is jackass

[ghost voice] it me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.