1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

[Grand Opening!] The Gulch! (Basically cowboys)

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Aiko Ikari, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

[​IMG]
    ((Important OOC Notes posted at the bottom!))
    Cast-Iron Gulch, or more commonly known as “The Gulch”, was once a lively, prosperous, hub for intergalactic trade, with it’s economy centralizing around it’s bazaar. With exportation and importation a primary focus, large, multilayered docking platforms stretch strong and proud throughout the canyon.

Around the year 2300, the planet was struck by a large meteor, the magnitude of which triggered heavy volcanic activity and coated the atmosphere in thick sheets of ash, dust and dirt. With no solar light able to pierce the smog and poisonous volcanic gases filling the air, the Gulch was rendered uninhabitable.

Now, in the year 2414, the air has returned to a breathable state. The ashe and dust in the air has calmed and settled. The ruins of a once fruitful community now lay buried, silent and vacant. Ready to be salvaged.

With opportunity, sprouts life. A community has flourished from the ruin, chock full of prospectors, entrepreneurs, merchants and the like. As time rolls on, one can only hope to see “The Gulch” regain its former glory.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-​
    Howdy partners! This is your friendly, reliable Mayor talkin. Isaac Cancellis! Tell me. Y'all every say "Gee, wish I could sell all these fancy knick knacks" or "Gee, I wish I knew where to buy fancy knick knacks." Or maybe "Gee, I could really go for a stroll around some scenic, historic, ruins that were restored to a beaut', livable condition in which hard-workin cowpokes make an honest livin"

Well then! Do I ever got news for you! My humble lil community is finally openin' our doors! And we'd love to call y'all part of the family.
    So come on down, and take opportunity by the reigns!

[​IMG]
    Y'all arrive to a great view a' the canyon and the scenery. Ain't it pretty? Now don't lean too hard on the railin'. It's a long fall.
    For all y'all thirsty and hungry travellers, don't you worry. We'll make ya feel right at home with a comfy little pub sittin' right on the main street just pat the gate. Ya can't miss it!
    A quick trot down the road and you'll find yourself at the entrance to our Bazaar! Always hustlin' and bustlin'. Full'a life and ready for your wallets.
    But don't be causin' anytrouble. Varmints are gonna find themselves tucked nice and cozy in our jailhouse, where you unlucky sonsabitches are left in the Sheriff's hands.
    Hope to see y'all soon!
    -82, -59 Alpha Corvi 86 V a

[​IMG]

((OOC Notes))
    The sign that reads "The Gulch", as well as the background doors. . . no, do not break them under the assumption that you'll "just put them back". Please do not break them and try to pick them up, because you can't. And I don't want to be replacing them every couple minutes. Thank you <3

Also, for anyone that /doesn't/ have Sen's ILikeCheating mod, you're pretty much out of luck here. Most of the buildings require you to use the little "teleport to chairs" nifty thingy to get anywhere. That's done by interacting with a door, which you can pretend is a chair really. Works the same way.

Please do not build anything anywhere on the planet without permission. It will be torn down. And, if you /do/ get permission, but it uh.. turns out sorta... ugly. Then it will also be torn down. Because we're very picky.

Love you all, hope you enjoy the colony <3

#1 Aiko Ikari, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  2. Diddums

Diddums That Loveable Lad

(( An astounding plethora of grammatical errors. Congratulations. ))

3. The Grand Mugwump

What cowpoke? Is like stab?

((Landpunch))

4. Steamy

Steamy Pro spam bot

((Klant))
    Got my wallet stolen by the mayor got badly jumped by the popo 8/10

5. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

(( Reminds me of Borderlands 2. Aiko you biatch you've done it again. ))

6. Kirby teh Pink

Kirby teh Pink Puts the Coo in Cool

Pass. - Skarti

7. JimHarrison

JimHarrison Grouchy Player

AW SHUCKS, I FIGGER' I BEST BE TAKIN' A LOOK 'ROUND HERE.
    RECKON I COULD DO WIT' A KNICK KNACK 'ER TWO.

-Hugo Huggins

8. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

ID: BlackShadow

Realization. Aha! A den of vice and corruption which needs to be cleansed!Fear not, honest citizens, as you will be liberated from the villains and scum wandering around! Challenging. Come at us!

-Gavel

9. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

IRONCLAD fo LYFE

-OldWorldClassy

10. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Floran went to thiss place. Full of racissstss an other ssscum. The weather isss awful too, floran not reccomend.

Stab-Dancer

11. Super Sugar

Super Sugar New Member

Isaac, the Mayor, is considerate and Abraham, the Sheriff, doesn't put up with random bullshit. It is funny though, pressing their buttons to see how uncomfortable or short-tempered they really are...

The Gulch is warm, dry and sometimes rowdy, but mostly a peaceful place to be. People that live there are quiet and keep to themselves mostly. Other than the occasional random jerk-off that visits and decides to start pick-pocketing or pick on anyone they think would make them feel better about their useless existence, I enjoy spending time here.

Mayor Isaac's office is simplistic and easy to find, no wading through corridors or hidden walls to speak with someone who has control to do what needs to be done. And the bar is small but spacious, providing a comfortable atmosphere.

The first complaint that I have is that there is little source of hydration, which means that this colony is only preferable to a select few races. The second is that they are not uniformed. What I mean by this is that while I find the Sheriff's hair style slightly, well, outdated, frankly, I thought he was looking for drugs when I first saw him, until he announced himself as the law.

I know this is a bit of information from one person about a new colony, but all in all, the Mayor is chivalrous, the sheriff does his job well, and it is simply a quiet place to escape to in order to wind down.

- Myoku

12. Steamy

Steamy Pro spam bot

Kicked some random plants ass 9/10
    ((Klant))

13. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

Yea plant boy is mad cuz he pulled a gun and got booted out. Lesson of the day bro's and brosefina's, dont pull guns on dudes in town.

OldWorldClassy

14. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Brosefinas? Mind if I use that word?
    - Germany

15. Arhicath

Arhicath New Member

Why is there so much wood!?

All races apart from Floran have progressed past wood construction centuries ago!

This place is going to catch on fire and light up like one of those human 'Chris T's Mass' plants!

It's going to dry and splinter and

Why do I ever try. You're still going to build it out of materials that rot anyways.

-TopTierEngineer

16. Steamy

Steamy Pro spam bot

You must be the life party.

((Klant))

17. Arhicath

Arhicath New Member

I may as well be with the deathtrap that's getting thrown together here.

-TopTierEngineer

18. Steamy

Steamy Pro spam bot

Blah blah blah
    ((Klant))

19. Arhicath

Arhicath New Member

Oh. You were being sarcastic.

Sarcasm can't be expressed through text.

Dumbass.

-TopTierEngineer

20. Steamy

Steamy Pro spam bot

BLAH BLAH BLAH