1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Wolf's Den Attack

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by LaserLlamas, Jun 15, 2014.

1. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

'ello 'ello. We've got an idea for an event we have planned.

As the name says, it'll involve an attack on the Den. Essentially, at the moment, we're doing some reforming in the Wolves due to some issues with players within our ranks. As such we wanted a somewhat fresh start, but not entirely fresh start, to at least wipe the mess up. So here's the plan -

A faction who has beef with the Wolves or sees them as a problem, or just wants to kill them, will essentially attack the Den, in the process wounding and possibly capturing some of the Wolves, causing the rest to retreat. The point of this attack is to hurt the Wolves' pride and make them go into hiding. (To specify, in no way shape or form do we /want/ characters on either side to have to die for an event like this, but they can be wounded. Unless someone wants their character to die, we would prefer just wounding them). We do plan to have a few Wolves be captured already. Raoul, possibly Nox, and others if they choose so.

At the current moment, Raoul has been attempting to create tracking chips to implant into Wolves, however he has only managed to get them working for cybernetics and robotics (Because microscopic technology like that is hard to make).

Essentially, the only people that will have this chip at the moment is Raoul, who will have it put into the hollow part of his head, and Nox who will put it into his cybernetic arm. These chips activate upon one's body become under distress, so it would only transmit a signal if say Nox and Raoul were beating the crap out of one another.

Assuming the captured Wolves will be held in one spot, they will do something, or something will happen to them, to activate said chips to transmit a signal to the Wolves. The Wolves will receive the signal and attempt to rescue their Pack members. Once their brothers and sisters are rescued, the Wolves will then go into hiding and possibly change their name. Hence giving a bit of a fresh start to clear some of the slate.

-

Essentially our request is if someone has a problem with the Wolves, such as the Holy Fleet for instance, we just want to organize a fun little event like this for some roleplay. As I said, our goal isn't to have anyone on either side die unless they choose to die to keep it fair. We're more than happy for our Wolves to get wounded in the process, as well. The main goal of the event is to primarily hurt the Wolves' pride (And so that we can reform some things internally and externally for our faction).

Any ideas/suggestions are welcome. If your faction in particular has some kind of problem with the Wolves, feel free to suggest that they be the ones to attack. Go nuts.

2. Pie4Pigs

Pie4Pigs Bleach Connoisseur

We've discussed attacking the Wolves before; after all, the threats of kidnapping Badstar and I have given us enough motive for retaliation. However, we eventually decided that we'd rather work on trying to build up the SSS, as our plans to attack with another faction didn't work out, and we didn't have very many people on our team at the time. We have some more members now, and we could probably gather them together and pull something like this off. Maybe if someone else expresses interest in this, we can work in cooperation with another faction. This does bring up a fair amount of questions, though.

1- What will happen to the Den? Will it go on lockdown (Probably the easiest solution)? Will the beampad be disabled during your absense? Will it just unexplicably be left untouched? Would you let someone else take it over? Will it be inevitably destroyed or abandoned so that the Wolves can make a new name for themselves?

2- Would you guys be planning severe retaliation against the groups that attack? After all, they'd be taking your base of operations.

Anyways, I think this makes a lot more sense than the last scenario we agreed on. Sure, it isn't very fair for the Wolves, but that's kind of the point. It's an assault on their homestead.

3. LaserLlamas

SSS and RA, perhaps. I have noticed the RA taking a lot of territory at the moment.

Regarding 1- When the Wolves flee, the Den will be free to the public, meaning it will still be open, save for that we're taking our bartender with us (he's been through so much shit). Someone could easily take it for their own and begin running it themselves. Chances are (I'd assume) parts of the Den would probably be destroyed during the attack, though.

2- More than likely yes. It would begin with getting back the captured Wolves, obviously. However severe retaliation would take time and patience, as the Wolves would essentially just be ghosts by this point, reappearing when they have work to do or have some kind of task they wish to fulfill. Chances are they wouldn't do a direct attack on that group(s) unless they were fully prepared and wished to catch them off guard.

Like I said, no one has to die unless they feel like it. I've already been straight forward with saying I want Raoul captured haha. Nox may be captured depending on the situation at the time, as well. For the most part we want this to be a fun event that no one really has to lose their characters for, because like I said - The goal is for the Wolves' pride to be damaged. One's pride can easily be damaged without evening having to harm someone.

4. Pie4Pigs

Ehhh, that's what's kind of bothering me. The severe retaliation part. I can imagine that you guys would want to do that, but I feel kind of iffy going into this knowing that you guys are planning to strike back without me know the details. Sure, it makes sense, but I'm worried that this'll turn into more of a complex, protagonistic, underdog-rising-to-the-top kind of story rather than a simple blow to the Wolve's pride that they'll be learning from. How do you guys plan on retaliating without killing us?

5. LaserLlamas

That I'd have to talk to Nox about. I have no doubt that after the Wolves go into hiding they aren't going to be walking around in broad daylight, however as far as specifics for retaliation goes I'll have Nox give his input in that. Ultimately it will be his decision, as well, as how we retaliate if we do.

6. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

RA isn't interested. We have had absolutely zero interaction with the Wolves and mindless violence isn't our thing. We do things for a reason, not just to flex our might.

And, honestly, we don't really see a use for a bar in the Alpha sector on a random arctic planet. No offense, of course. Its only use would be as a stronghold, and we have enough of those at the moment. Not to mention costs to repair the place, potential casualties during the takeover, etc. Isn't worth it.

7. LaserLlamas

Fair enough. 'twas throwing it out there, anyways.

8. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

Coughcough, it's also in the RA's interest to let others fight each other.

9. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

cough cough why are you giving away trade secrets cough cough

10. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

Because sometimes the figurehead has to do SOMETHING

11. Epitaxis

Epitaxis Bathmophobic

Hepu will destroy you all.

12. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

hepu gonna hepu

13. Animator

Animator New Member

I'm cool with this so long as the responsibility of the bar is transferred to someone else (doesn't have to be from the faction), so that said roleplaying area doesn't just vanish out of the blue. A ton of folks go there to speak with others, it'd be a shame if it suddenly vanished out of the blue because everyone in charge went into hiding somewhere else.

I personally hope the Fleet doesn't get involved with this; their strife with the Den is relatively minor, and dividing their attention between that and Liberty Mills would be particularly unfavorable for their position until their regime over there is completely set in stone. Just seems too petty for their style, and having yet another planet under some sort of military occupation would just be annoying.

Smaller groups would definitely be more fitting for this kind of scenario. Surely there must be a repertoire of smaller groups that have brushed against the Den unfavorably and vice versa.

14. LaserLlamas

Yeah we don't want the place to disappear. We understand people still go there for roleplay as well so someone can easily take it and start managing it.

15. Pie4Pigs

I would prefer if we didn't have to be the ones to manage it. I already have a bartending character, and SSS members aren't really the type to stand guard in a public space inevitably; when you really think about it, the flimsy defenses and public nature of the bar will be the cause of the Wolve's 'downfall' during this attack. We wouldn't want to be the ones to maintain and defend it afterwards.

If nobody else is fighting with us for it, we would probably end up selling it, and I don't know who would be good for keeping the bar from that perspective.

16. The Big Bad Wolf

The ultimate goal here is The Armored Wolves would be temporarily out of order. The Tavern would still be open for business, the keep would be under lock down and still in the wolves possession. Raoul and most likely Nox will get captured, tortured whatever it is you guys plan on doing (within reason Id like to keep my man parts - any other limbs we can discuss during the event) Inevitably as Raoul and I would still like to play our characters we would be rescued, either the remaining wolves would create a rescue plan for us( You could build some dud prison on a random planet to hold us in ) or you guys could drop Nox and Raoul off on some random planet leaving us stranded, at which point the wolves would come save us. (Unless you have a better idea?)

As for the retaliation part it's not completely necessary. If the SSS doesnt want to play the "shot for shot" game that's fine. Naturally icly though The Armored Wolves and the SSS would from then on be on hostile terms. It wouldn't be realistic for us to be shaking hands afterwards. With this being said the SSS would probably want to avoid the Den. If the SSS wants something dramatic to happen in return to add some flavor to the RP experience we can accommodate. If you guys prefer to walk away without consequence AW will just go into the shadows so to speak, the SSS won't hear from us nor know whether or not the brotherhood is still functional.

At the end of the day AW is going into the shadows regardless. We plan on staying in the background for quite a bit. As things come around we may make our presence at the Den from time to time as it will always be our home and will still be under our control.

During the event itself like Raoul said, if any AW members wish to end their characters career that's up to them. The members of ours that get away, will manage the keep and watch over the den from a far. Occasionally making sure the squatters stay out, as well as trying to prevent other factions from taking over.

#16 The Big Bad Wolf, Jun 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2014
  17. Animator

Animator New Member

It sorta defeats the point to go into hiding if the survivors are simply going back to the same place, though. That's like expecting to win a game of hide-and-seek only to choose a hiding place in broad daylight in the middle of the playground.

18. The Big Bad Wolf

This would be over time. The keep would be under lock down. The Den would be watched from a far. Us making a presence in the Den would come long after we've revamped AW.

Icly there are other ways for us to enter the Keep without stepping foot in the den whatsoever.( We have a separate hideout unknown to the general public where I imagine most of the survivors will be spending the majority of their time.

19. Animator

Animator New Member

Oh, okay then, that makes more sense.

20. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

Honestly the best solution, I feel, is SSS taking the Den and immediately selling it off afterwards. They could use the profits for whatever reason, they don't have to guard the place, and it can still be a privately owned, moderately active bar.

ninja edit: cole can use the funds to buy a new shotgun. everyone's happy