1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

What made you choose your character?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wingfighter, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Node

Node Literal Edgelord

After I had already played Node (A character I hope no one remembers), and Overseer (A character I hope everyone remembers), I decided it was time for a change of pace. Node was too "edgy" so to speak, as he was just a dude constantly trying to involve himself with the real villains in the server. Overseer was too much of a dead end, since no one was willing to interact with a seething lunatic.

So I created Ion. I knew from the start that she would be an arc based character. Since I knew that she would be a difficult character to follow, I wanted to be sure that her arcs threw her into a bunch of wildly different situations, and to have the character drastically change over time. Her personality and character rules were always predefined. She is genuinely nice, avoiding conflict and issues whenever possible. She would also avoid using contractions, just to make her sound a little bit more alien in the way she would phrase things. She was also incapable of accomplishing anything by herself, and I would never attempt to take the lead on anything (Although this rule was broken when Snitch left and she was forced into the position of CEO of Radical Industries).

I'm fairly happy with the way she turned out. Even if she is currently a business oriented nut-job.

2. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Nenwef was a throwaway. I originally wanted him to date someone, then die of his heart condition. His looks were based off of a sprite I saw online, but have since molded to fit the character a bit more.

3. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

I dunno man I think there's a way to be a traditional Hylotl without being branded a weeaboo for it.

Also if you wanna stop me posting that just stop saying weeaboo.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

I wish I had been there
    the stories sound awesome

5. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

Didn't Overseer have a giant eye for a face?

6. Tallen

Tallen New Member

Glauen was made as a avian who is new to the galaxy as a whole precisely because I was new to SBRP and wanted to learn alongside my character.

Nano was made as a grumpy Glitch to be the polar opposite of Glauen. One is optimistic, the other is bitter. One still holds on to his culture, the other loathes his origins. One is wise if not very intelligent, the other is very smart but lacking tact. One finds it upon himself to trust others, the other believes only his strength can carry him forwards.

Both of their stories ended in very different notes.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Ohh, yeah. Not a lot of people know about Nano's 'end', huh.

8. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Honestly I am one that loves more of the odd ball or exotic type races. Probably why I choice Fern to be my main. However when I came on to the server I went with hylolt cause... I did some read, perhaps of some older posts. Most of them stated that there was a lot of florans on the server. Which turns out was not the cause. Really Tanji was suppose to be a Novakid with a different name but again reading post suggested there was a lot of Novakid as well. So I went with hylotl.

As for Try well... I always have loved robotic races. Probably stems from me watching Transformers on Saturday morning cartoons.

9. solaruin

solaruin New Member

as shocking as this is going to sound..
    Raven was never meant to be a flirty, pleasant, and sweet person. The character 'Raven' is a long standing one for me, she was an alien that was hunting down the people that she blamed for dooming her homeworld. To adapt it to SB, my intent was to keep her personality but find a new goal for her. Then she met Reed, who shied away from her. I couldn't keep the character on the line I intended, and before I knew it she was teasing and toying with Reed. Sweet and kind raven was born, evil hateful raven died in the womb.

10. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

Jackson Britton was based off my 19 year old brother, not much notable about him.

Ethan had really no basis. Just randomly made a character because all my others died.

11. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

To put it simply, Julius has always been an extension of myself and of the kind of person I want to be. Living the life I want to live.