1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Do not respond to those 'Hello' transmissions.

Discussion in 'Archives' started by OminousMushroom, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Venom

Venom New Member

<:: USCM Transmission - Antares-71

Don't be stupid. Stay the hell away from those things and the world they're on. I took a fireteam back last night and these creatures have killed dozens more of people thanks to their fake messages. We will continue search and destroy operations on this planet until the threat to the sector and its inhabitants is neutralized.

M Haldane

#21 Venom, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
  2. Tacoburger

Tacoburger professional taco burger

wtf
    -Arizona

3. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

If you kill or incapacitate one, would you mind setting me up with a tissue sample? I'm terribly curious, and I'm sure my colleagues would be as well.

-Aruana

4. QuestionableMotives

QuestionableMotives Not To Be Trusted

Thank you for alerting us of this threat, I nearly answered earlier this week. Any further development on the identity of the creature?
    -BirdOfPrey ((Vireo))

5. OminousMushroom

OminousMushroom New Member

I'm glad to say that we probably won't be seeing any more of those damned 'demons' now. The ones that were left alive fucked off to try and kill their cultist creators or something, and the rest have been exterminated.

Woo. Go us.

-0rion

6. MrGodZilla

MrGodZilla Not A Shitposter

Damn, I remember this, thank god I turned on my encryption on after saying something to this thing after it did that luring stuff.

7. brianna43210

brianna43210 New Member

Boastful. I escaped from one of these creatures as soon as i saw it.
    -CaseyMK4

#27 brianna43210, Apr 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2015
  8. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

[MazAEkial]

Condemnit where was I when this was going on? Look, as someone who does some passive studies in Demonology, I can almost guarantee by the descriptions people gave that these things are not demons. Real demons don't just give siren calls to draw people to a planet and kill them. 1. That's too cliché for them, they get nothing out of that, 2. Demons will usually be making some kind of demand or try to make you feel "good" about it, and 3. Demons aren't inherently physical creatures. At least that's how humans understand them. Drop the stereotype of little red humanoids with horns and pitchforks, they don't really look like that.

My guess is this is something else entirely. If it is as some of the last posts say and they're mostly gone, ok, good. But if they resurface, I'd like to be made aware. I can confirm for sure whether or not their origins are demonic.

9. Solour

Solour a dad

that's exactly what a demon would say to cover themselves up.
    Demon.

-B.B.

10. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

[MazAEkial]

Crap! You caught me! I r wantz to eat your soul because evil boogieman red horns pitchfork FSGKJDKFGMSDFHANFGISULNFJEKHDSIUGBkljefS KALIGAFHSIUEWDS! You know I'm a demon because I typed in all caps and it made no sense mwahahahaha.

...Serriously, though, why did I just waste my time replying to this guy?

11. MrGodZilla

Maybe because the fact that these demons grow intellectual standards from people who literally fall for bait themselves?
    By now, they probably already know what Starnet is, and are already using it.

12. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

Let me be clear: I do not consider these things "demons" for many reasons. Call them whatever you want, grimlins, monsters, Ultimate Incarnations of Evil, abominations, whatever, but try to avoid contributing to the pile of people who are calling them demons. Real demons (as human experts on the subject udnerstand them) already have all the knowledge they could ever and will ever need, but they are not inherently physical creatures. They would gain no benefit from randomly posting on Starnet, and cannot learn anything from stupid mortals like us that they don't already know.

Now that's not to say that these creatures are, as you describe, intellectually adaptive. That is something to keep an eye on, certainly.

13. MrGodZilla

The fact you quote people as "Stupid Mortals" puts you at a big suspicious standard.
    You obviously don't know the power of these things, call them demons or not they are as strong as one and can learn like one.

14. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

I use the term "stupid mortals" to dramatize how spiritual entities more than likely view us. I'm talking about beings that exist outside of physical boundaries, outside of our plane of perception, and debatably outside of time itself. If the standard Anti-Floran xenophobe will treat Florans as "beneath them" or "inferior" or "lacking enlightenment" under the pretence that they do not conform to or understand the sentient or "modern" way of life, how much more inferior do you think spiritual entities would view us, creatures of flesh (or fibers/plasma) and blood (or sap/plasma) who are worried more about how much food we will have for dinner or how much money will be in our account tomorrow than the very concept of eternity itself?

I'm not doubting the power or abilities these creatures the thread was started for may have, and I will do what I can to prepare in case they return so I can figure out exactly what they are. I'm just trying to communicate to everyone that They. Are. Not. Demons.

Demons don't "learn," I don't know where you got that idea unless the other sentients have different depictions of the word "demon," but as humans have researched (the few that have, anyway) they already are at their maximum capacity for intelligence. That doesn't mean that in 400 years they'll be retarded and we can just kill them with the hairdryers of the future, it means that they already know how to do what they will do in 1,000 years. There is nothing we as physical beings can do to "kill" a real spiritual demon. They can be conquered, they can be warded off, they can be silenced, but only by those who know how to and who are equipped to do so.

And once again, I am not doubting the potential or abilities of these creatures the thread was started for, in fact I will stand with any team that is formed to combat them and lend them my skills and knowledge. These creatures seem dangerous, and whatever they are they seem to have their sights set on sentient beings like us. I'm just arguing diction at this point.

End of rant.

#34 Mazékial, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2015
  15. Solour

Solour a dad

lmao full on demon damage-control.
    next time try harder, stupid demon

-B.B.

16. OminousMushroom

OminousMushroom New Member

This is entertaining.
    I adore seeing discussions about my own kin.

-Cairn

17. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

...Well that's an odd response. Could you specify what you mean by "your kin?" The creatures or demons?

18. MrGodZilla

It's pretty obvious you durp, he's some kind of demon who figured out how to post on StarNet.

19. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

((Why do I feel like this is going to turn into the same kind of crap as Agent Washington trying to explain to the Reds and Blues that Church is an AI and not a ghost...respect points to anyone who gets the reference. Everyone else is totes a demon.))

[MazAEkial]

I didn't ask you, I asked them. If you're ignorant enough to assume anything that speaks cryptically or has horns, claws, and/or fire-related attributes is a demon, you don't know what demons are.

So, Cairn, is it? Allow me to ask more directly: what exactly do you believe you are?

20. Solour

Solour a dad

obviously you HAVEN'T seen what I've seen. now stop it.

-B.B.